9/25/2012

Green

Wow!  That was a rough game for the Packers.  I try not to get too invested in sports teams, but at the same time, games are sooo much more fun to watch when you are cheering.  The first half was bad, but because the score was so close I had to stay up to watch.  The resulting half was more exciting for sure, but the end was a disaster.  Even I was pacing around the living room waiting for the !@#$^^& refs review that "Touchception."


Before the game, I had thought that the replacement refs were alright.  I mean, they must be trying hard to make the right calls.  Right?  As a person who really tries to give everyone the benefit-of-the-doubt, I was doing the same with the replacements.  Now, I understand.  This is crap and all I can do about it is cry, laugh, or try to forget it ever happened!

Well, I did not cry last night, but probably did make some laughs in disbelief...

Really the best remedy for these setbacks is sleep and a nutritious breakfast to help you forget it.  One excellent breakfast option is a Green Smoothie!



Now, before I lose you all in disgust, this concept is actually, really amazing.  I have never been good at eating greens, or salads, and about a year ago on Pintrest first saw them.  The idea is that you add spinach, or any other leafy green vegetable, into your fruit smoothie.  Simple, yet crazy!  So I tried it...and I liked it!  It has allowed me to pack in a lot more veggies and fruit into my daily eats.  Win!

How to make a green smoothie:

  1. Pour milk and or juice of choice in blender.  Depending on the blender you will need to adjust the amount.  Mine usually takes 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
  2. Add Greens.  This Sunday I had mostly fresh spinach and topped it off with frozen kale.
  3. Blend till smooth.
  4. Add remaining ingredients.  This time I added some baby carrots, part of a frozen banana, a handful of frozen straw berries, and spices. 
  5. Blend again till smooth.
  6. Enjoy!
  7.  

Oh boy was this tasty!  To top it off, I sprinkled a little chia seeds . Yum :) 

For the novices out there, the first time you make a Green Smoothie, I would recommend using only spinach and less of it untill you feel out what is right for you.  Some greens can really cause that "green" flavor and need more to cover it up, but spinach blends so smooth and can hardly be tasted (just seen).  Good Luck!

Have you ever tried a green smoothie?


No comments:

Post a Comment