11/20/2012

Plan of Action

The weekend was sooo nice!  Bret and I finally had a weekend all to ourselves.  No working.  No major house project.  Just us. 

Date night included Sushi and the movie Lincoln.  Both very good.  Often I like a date night at home just fine, but it was nice to be able to head out and try some new places.

Saturday Morning Breakfast:
Pumpkin French Toast with Sauteed Cinnamon Apples. 
With a cameo by the real Pumpkin.

 

 

Thanksgiving Plan


Turkey
 - It is thawing in the fridge
 - A foil pan and bag was purchased from the grocery store.  Pan problem solved for only  $2.79!
 - Alton Brown's brine, roast and gravy recipes.  It has great reviews on FoodNetwork.com.

Mashed Potatoes:  Probably some kind of roasted garlic version with skins.  I never, and I mean NEVER, make mashed potatoes for us at home.  I just never have the right potatoes on hand, and then when I do, I forget about them and they go bad.  This Thanksgiving though, we will give them a go.  

Stuffing:  Bret found a good recipe from coworkers last year, so I will probably do something similar.  

Brussel Sprouts?  Or maybe Green Beans?  Still trying to make this decision.  Brussel sprouts both scare and intreg me.  Daily Garnish had a pretty simple recipe I might try where they are roasted with cranberries and walnuts.
Corn:  Nothing fancy here, just need another vegetable.

Pumpkin Pie:  Again, nothing fancy, just good ol' pie.

Bread of some kind...Homemade if I'm feeling into it, otherwise and nice baguette or crusty bread will work.  I'm not a bread roll person.

Spiced Apple Cider:  Yum!  

The only thing missing is Lefsa :(  I will just have to wait for Christmas for my fix.


 

Amazing Race 11/18


Wow…second chance and second chance and second chance

Nice, another brainy challenge for the Roadblock.  Wow, it only took 11 or 12 rounds to figure out the challenge for two people working together.  Poor Ryan, the super competitor and smarty pants can’t get it (18 rounds in…21…) “Try to relax, I’m on your side” says the Professor.   Even He is trying to calm Ryan down.  I loved his giggling at the frustrated Ryan J  It’s not like we don’t have the same thing here in the states with -6 hours for GMT, geez!  Will the Boy’s figure it out right away?  Yeesss!!!  Just took a MD to get it right the first time.

The Chippendale's are really nice.  Too nice almost for the race, but I am sure the Texan’s were okay with that.
Good Detour!   I am questioning the difficulty of the dancing challenge though…I wish at least one team would have tried the historical people challenge. I am sooo happy the Boys did that challenge “Lively for a dead crowd”  Hahahaha!!   I always like seeing traditional dress and style.

Haha!! Split pants…sometimes you just need to keep going.  Though, the twins were not in any danger of elimination.

I have nothing to say about The Rockers.  They were never really that interesting and there is never an excuse to not have your passport (unless you are swimming...then, only maybe).  The producers kinda skimmed over them this week anyway.

It will be interesting to see what the time difference is from The Chippendale's to the Beekman Boys.  I hope there is an equalizer because the Boys are now one of my favorite teams.  Didn't see that coming!



Have a good day!

Good Luck Tomorrow Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment