12/31/2012

2012

Wow.  What a year it has been.  Almost too many changes to name.  The best week ever was at the beginning of February when Bret asked me to marry him on our cruise and then 3 days later getting a job offer in Houston!  It's almost like he knew I was getting the job because he kept insisting I move to Houston before getting engaged. ;)  I still remember how anxious I was waiting to hear back about the job.  It had been over 7 months since moving Bret and the kitties down to TX and I was so ready to just be there with them.  Patience is virtue for sure.  There has definitely been a pattern the last 8 years of my adult life.  I almost never get what I want right away, but with some extra effort, focus and patience, life always finds a way to work out.  It also helps me appreciate all of the wonderful things in my life that much more.  I love loving life!  On that note...

Happy New Years Eve!


Now, there have been some blips along the path this year, but we won't focus too much on those.  A few of my 2012 Bloopers are as follows...

Christmas Cards...what Christmas cards?  Look for these next year, or maybe the year after.    I will get my butt in gear one of these years.


Houston Buddies.  Not so much yet.  Need to find girl friends in my neighborhood this year.  You know, someone to watch The Bachelor with and do fun runs.  Funny enough, a friend just posted the exact same sentiment on Facebook earlier today.  I am not into New Years Resolutions, but this may seriously need to be one in 2013.  

source


Cat Poop.  Still can't quite pin-point why that darn cat keeps pooping in the bathtub.


Not always so cute!
Bielema.  How the Badgers made it to the Rose Bowl this year is too hard to comprehend.  Good luck tomorrow Alvarez!

Exercise?  It was lost for a good 4-5 months, but I do seem to have that under control again.  Now, if I could only combine healthy eating and exercise we might be getting somewhere!



Veganism.  I am not vegan or even vegetarian for that matter, but I do like trying to incorporate some animal-less meals and amp up the veggies when the motivation hits.  My first vegan pancake attempt this fall was way better than expected.  I even made them a few time for visitors this Christmas season without any complaints.  I can't be sure if people were just being nice, but I sure like them.  I only bring this up because the movie Your Sister's Sister had a very humorous scene about vegan pancakes.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment