2/14/2013

Where Has Amy Been?

A wedding

It had it all, beautiful weather, people, food, drinks and cake!  I almost missed out on the cake because we had drifted away from the table to dance.  Luckily, there were other girls feeling the same way and though they were only serving slivers of cake (seriously, 1" x 1/2" x three layers or so) it was sooo good.  The wedding and reception were interesting as a whole as it was my first "Texas" wedding.  There was a lot of two-stepping to country songs...get me out of here!...but also a lot of fun dancing later.  Bret and I were even able to request a swing song to get some practice in.


Perfect weather for a cocktail hour outside.




 

Ontario via Buffalo


Yep, last week was another work trip.  It was nice to get out and visit some suppliers and people, but also great to get back home.  The original plan was to stay in Toronto area until Thursday and then drive back to Buffalo for a Friday morning flight (much cheaper through Buffalo than Toronto, and a pretty easy drive).  That changed on Wednesday when the news was threatening major snow storms.  Like bigger and more snow than Toronto has had in a few years.  I quickly switched flights to Thursday night to try to get out of there before the craziness began.  It worked, but I think I would have been okay if I had waited too (but you just never know!)  The cost for a hotel the extra night or the flight change fee was pretty much a wash, so that was nice to not worry about.


Best Thing Ever...A water bottle filler at the airport.
I usually use my knee to touch the on button at bubblers in the airport. 
This is hands free, fast, and you can fill the whole bottle (not just 1/2 from a wimpy stream of water).

Layover - Slushy in Chicago last Thursday night.

Now if only my flight home had been on time!


Back to Houston


Last weekend we had a fun home date night making different martini's and variety dinner.  Basically, we went to the grocery store and picked out what we wanted (it took a surprisingly long time to round it all out).
  • Bree and Baguette (first in the cart and my favorite)
  • 1 lb of 16 count shrimp (raw) and cocktail sauce.  The fresh(ish) home cooked shrimp were way better than your average thaw and serve hors d'oeuvres.
  • Grocery Sushi to round it out.  We wanted something more, and this just fit.  The local HEB has a special Sushi booth that always has samples to lure us in and the quality has been pretty good for its convenience.

 

So, that's what I've been up to. What about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment